Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mock-Ups

End of Wednesday :: Surprise Model Making




I was outside playing with the kitty when Melanie walked outside and told me that my group was in studio working. I thought, "That's odd, I wonder why they didn't tell me." Either they thought I was still sick or they thought I was still at NDD, I'm still not sure which. I showered and went to studio at about 6:30 and they were leaving for dinner, so I joined. We then worked until about midnight.


At 10, I ordered my football tickets for the upcoming Auburn football season. They asked what I was doing and, when I explained, they asked how to play football. I ended up drawing a big diagram of football and explaining the importance of throwing your hands in the air and yelling TOUCHDOWN!! So now, in every group picture we take, my group goes "1...2...3...TOUCHDOWN!!!" hahaha. We're lame.

At 12, they told me to go because I had class at nine the next morning. (They are done with classes except this one as of last week. By the way, we questioned why some of the Taiwanese students really seemed to not care about this project - they weren't coming to class or participating at all - and we discovered that WE - the Americans - are the only people being graded for this class and the Taiwanese students are simply auditing to get the experience. This caused some problems for some people...one of our groups is down to two Taiwanese students because the rest just bailed after graduation.)

Thursday :: Work Work Workin'

In Glass class, we took our clay molds and made plaster molds to pour glass into. This one pictured below is one of MANY that I made. This is the largest one, the rest are fairly small. Hopefully you can tell what it is...? No? Swans. :(



For lunch I snagged some fried rice and played with a kitten for two hours and then ran to metal class in the rain. It was a free day meaning that I got to make up the ring that I missed when I was sick! I made two actually, but I have no pictures yet.
I met my group at 5 after metal class and we worked for about 45 minutes and then were told to move because another class was coming in. We moved, got dinner and then returned to WORK WORK WORK!



We finished around 2:30 and took a really sweet picture, and what did I tell you? TOUCHDOWN! Hahaha. I realize that you can't really see the model in this picture, but that's ok there's more pictures later.


I got in bed around 3 and it was still pouring. I fall asleep and then, 30 minutes later, my deactivated phone RINGS. Some number that I don't have saved in my phone. I ignored it and then thought "Well, maybe it's one of the Americans here and they're in trouble or something." I answer to here BEEP and then nothing. So that probably cost me about $2 and I'm still pondering how the heck it happened, but oh well.

Friday :: Presentation Day

I slept until 11:30 and then woke up and got ready for class. I grabbed a bowl of fruit from Amigos and went to studio at one. Tin-Man asked us to take our models out into the hallway to present them to the class. We presented and made everyone laugh because my group and I are a bunch of goofballs...hopefully that doesn't hurt us in the long run. At least we have fun. Everyone else was very serious.



As of right now, this is our concept. A product to aid in nourishment after a natural disaster occurs. The top is stone and the first tier houses fire to heat to stone so users can cook on it. The second tier contains two TV-dinner sized tables that pull out to be used. The third tier has three vacuum-sealed drawers for food storage. The fourth is storage room for tableware (when presenting Jessica whipped out two gluesticks from this tier to demonstrate chopsticks). The fifth and final tier stores two flat-packed stool/chairs. The entire product dismantles and nests inside the different tiers for more compact shipment.


There was a surprise delivery of sushi for the class, and with this sushi came some crazy cream-topped Green Tea. It was very odd. I wasn't very fond of it as you can see in this picture of me watching Kenney try it after I had taken a sip.

3 comments:

  1. All i have to say to this is.....

    CRUNCH TIME. I feel the freaking pressure mounting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh and and

    I like your guys idea!

    ReplyDelete