Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beach Details / Asian Haircut Experience

Forgot to include this photo of the group at the beach ::



Sunday :: Haircut Adventure
I woke up to meet at 11 to begin our choreography for Spice Girls. (I'm not sure if I've mentioned that on here, and if I have..oh well you're reading it again: International Day is coming up this Wednesday and Tin-Man surprised us with information saying we were to perform to represent America.) We began to memorize the song, and thought "You know, this band is British...maybe we should sing an American song." So! We've settled on Bad Romance by Lady GaGa. I already know choreography to it from Rocky Horror so I taught it to the other four girls and we added another verse together and a day later we've almost got it down! We practiced for two hours then went to eat and get fancy because we were dressing up to get our hairs cut!

The salon was REALLY cool. It appeared very expensive and professional, but apparently they all look like that here. Cosmetology is a big deal here, so you can count on a good haircut.


They took me upstairs when it was my turn. They asked what style I wanted and then sat me down to BEGIN MY MASSAGE! Haircuts in Asia = being pampered. I got about a ten minute shoulder/neck massage, then a twenty minute wash / head and neck massage. It was amazing. Pre-haircut and massage ::



Then she cut my hair in about five minutes and styled for about ten. So, the majority of the time spent there was on massages. By the way, all this was $288 NT, which is ABOUT 11 bucks in American. Holy. Crap.




We shopped around for a little while. I ate two dumplings and had a fruit juice drink, then Arissa wanted some fries so we found a McDonalds. 


By the way, their ping guo pies (apple pies) are SOOO much better than ours! I don't know what they do differently, but the crust is like a bubbly fried crunchy crust instead of the almost-soggy pie crust that we have. It was DELICIOUS.


Then I came home, perfected the choreography for Bad Romance and then Skyped with the family for about an hour.
Now I'm headed to the library to sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment