Saturday, June 26, 2010

Classes on the Weekend

Saturday :: Make-Up Classes
In studio the day before, Tin-Man gave us the rundown of everything that we had left to do. Basically, we have to meet all of our craft classes outside of class to finish up our work on time because we spent so much time traveling and doing other things. At 10 AM on Saturday, we met for Chinese Painting class. I finished my bamboo / mountain landscape and then painted a bird and a fan! My bird looks pretty dang horrible (which is why I don't draw living things like animals and people), but my landscape and fan are sweeeeet! Tin-Man said something about framing each of ours, I think he means just laminating. He might've been joking, but I hope not because they might not do well going home.
Painting class was supposed to end at noon and we were supposed to meet with pottery class at one, but painting ended at 1:15 and we entered a not-so-happy pottery class. In pottery class, we glazed our products. We didn't have time to make anymore things beforehand either [I had planned on taking this extra class time to remake that leaf plate that I'd broken previously. Oh well :( ]
This is where you spray your products and these are my products ready to be fired. The boys were not in this class because they'd glazed already while we were at NDD interning. I hadn't had time for a lunch break so my sweet boyfriend brought me a rice ball, a C.C. Lemon and a chocolate bar. Speaking of which, my meals will become about like this for the next two weeks. Classes are over and exams are ending. In the next few days, both cafeterias will be closed and our only food resource will be the on- and off-campus 711s and the American-esque food cafe by studio that closes by 5 every day. Woohoo for unbalanced meals! After my rice ball, I played with the kitty and read outside for about two hours, did work for about an hour, washed clothes and did a trial run on my packing (I don't need another suitcase like I thought I did). Taiwan kitty was helping me pack.


Then we went to 711 for dinner (potato salad, orange jello, and some v8-like juice).


Sunday - was really hot.

I'm not positive, but I think my posts will dwindle in the next week because I will be very busy with studio. I almost have a campus tour post done and ready to post, I'm just short a few pictures. Paaaatience!

Around 1, I checked on the kitty and it wasn't there. It's box, liter box and bowl are present, but all the soft cloths and the cat are gone. Either someone took it home or they took it to the vet or it's running around with a backpack full of washcloths. I just hope it's ok :(
We walked to 711 for me to photograph it for the Tour blog, and I wanted sweet potato fries. Apparently the fry joint doesn't open until night time....either that or it's closed on Sundays.

Kenney found a website called "QuickSilver something something" where you can watch 72 minutes at a time of anything. We watched the first half of Love Actually (yes, I won the movie vote) then it cuts off and says either buy a subscription or wait 54 minutes before watching any more. So we did work for an hour then watched the rest! Good deal, I think.

We grabbed some dinner at 711 (noodles this time). By the way, these are the dogs at 711. We named the fat one Boosie and the other one Bat Girl, you'll see why.



Now I am in the air-conditioned grad lab working on our bajillion papers that will be due very soon. And hopefully I will be Skyping the family pretty soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yup I was right Crunch Time indeed! I am glad you guys are taking full advantage of Club 711 and the chicken shack! I lived off of these uncrustable PB sammiches! Delish! And I think I drank about 100 gallons of Cranberry juice while i was there. I am still addicted to the stuff.

    Me and Rob Jones had an awesome roommate named Ding Dong he took good care of us. The other guys were hit or miss.

    And I have been waiting to hear about all the written stuff you have due!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. It's ok I'm on top of it! I wrote my President's letter in thirty minutes, I've gotten three of four craft reports written. I have all my files organized and ready for the Pro-Practice Experience Report. The research one...can wait..along with the culture one. And studio report is 3/4 done because I've been doing it as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well try adding a last minute 10 page letter to the mix....another long story....

    ReplyDelete