Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Heads Up

So I figured that I should write kind of a "heads up" entry of what's going on here.
For those of you who know me, you know all this already, but for all you creepers who just randomly decided to read this, I'm Amanda. I'm a fourth year Industrial Design student at Auburn University located in America. This summer (2010) seven of my peers and I are accompanying our professor, Tin Man Lau, in Taiwan while we study there from May to July. We will be studying at Shu-Te University in Kaohsiung (pronounced cow-shung), but will travel to Taipei and Hong Kong and hopefully some other cities as well.

Auburn students that are going :


My group of the Shu-Te students while in Taiwan [we each have a group of 6 or 7]
Disclaimer :: Please ignore my picture here. This is our "if you lose your passport" replacement picture and I was told I couldn't smile and THAT'S what happened.


We depart tomorrow (May 12, 2010) from the Atlanta airport. We catch a new ride in San Francisco, CA and again in Taipei, Taiwan then off to Kaohsiung!

I'm packed and ready, and just trying to get in all my favorite things before I leave them behind for two months. I sat on the back porch and painted my nails for the first time in about 6 years. Why? I'm hoping to re-re-retry this whole "stop biting your nails" thing. It was calm and serene out there until the neighbor decided to mow their grass.
I had Mexican food last night, plan on eating steaks tonight, and Edgar's french toast for breakfast tomorrow. AMERICA!

In a few days, look forward to pictures and videos and (hopefully) daily journal entries!

Good day sir!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanda, this is a GREAT idea! Can't wait to read about your journey this summer. Have a fantastic time abroad and I look forward to reading about your experiences. Have a wonderful and safe time! Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete