Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dream Mall Excursion

[By the way, I've posted two blogs today. It only shows one at a time so be sure to click previous before reading this one!]

Today we went to the Dream Mall in Kaohsiung! It has a FERRIS WHEEL on top! Kenney knocked on my door at 8:45 to tell me that we were going to get something for breakfast that his roommate told him to get. It's pronounced Ju Pai (pork steak) DanBing (Crepe Omelet). It was interesting. Soggy, again, and I can't seem to be able to get over that texture.

We met at the four trees at 10:30 and caught a taxi to the subway (my first subway ride!) And, of course, it was complete with the Lying Down Game...which actually happened many times today.



And this is us outside the Dream Mall.

Since I haven't introduced everyone :: From Left to Right - Matt, Kenney, Ian, Me, Melanie, Arissa, and Sarah Jayne.

We looked around for a little while and then went to lunch were I had some REALLY good Tempura Shrimp. I ate lunch with the boys and Hector, but then they decided to leave me with the girls because they didn't want to be stuck waiting on me to try on clothes. Melanie, Arissa, Sarah Jayne, and I (accompanied by Adam, Shinnina, and Adam's girlfriend) went to the bookstore and stopped at a Taiwanese bakery. It was like Edgar's in Taiwan! The picture here is of the bookstore's spiral staircase with really cool lights scattered down it.





We met up with the boys about an hour later and looked around the sweets area. The frozen yogurt here is REALLY pretty! And we tried Adam's favorite candy (I don't know the name) which is a sucker that is sweet AND salty. The sucker is sweet and there's kind of just a blob of salty...stuff...in it. I think it's a dried, salted fruit. It's a very weird sensation.



We decided to go ride the ferris wheel on top of the HUGE mall. You could see the entire city from our little Hello Kitty-decorated ferris wheel cabin. (our ticket was really pretty too)



While packed in the ferris wheel with Melanie, Sarah Jayne, Kenney, and Arissa, we spotted a rather odd carnival ride. There seemed to be children inside HUGE blow up balls running around on water. When we got off, we went to inquire and, sure enough, that's what it was.


I immediately wanted to do it, but found that I was too heavy. Arissa (who I forgot to mention is my one American roommate for the trip) was fairly light and able to go.



This is my macho boyfriend Kenney (top) and my friend Matt (bottom) showing some American muscle at the roof carnival.




After the carnival, we went to the $39 Store which is basically the dollar store. $32 in Taiwanese money is $1 in American money. They had some REALLY cool stuff. The day passed and I spent $3,399. Before you freak out, that's in Taiwanese money. That's ABOUT $106 American and I bought a LOT of stuff, including presssssentsss!! After the $39 store, the girls stopped at a cute store and I bought a REALLY cute dress. Kenney loves shopping with us! (see below)


Also, I just want to throw this picture in. They are really into the scattered, tiered lighting effect. I thought this one was really pretty.


We decided to go ahead and get dinner at the mall because it would take about an hour to get the subway and taxi home. I ate some pretty good vegetable noodles. Arissa bought a seafood soup bowl and was surprised to see a friend in there.


She was afraid to eat it, so of course I did. I thought it was really good...just VERY chewy. Then she tried it and liked it alright. Melanie though, she wasn't a fan.



After dinner, we bought Taiwanese donuts (The angel creme puff was DELICIOUSLY AMAZING.) and Kenney and Matt tried on their new ninja masks. We departed for the subway and there was this little kid on there and Kenney started making faces at him. Then he put on the frog mask that we bought for TinMan and the kid was laughing SO hard. Then he fought back with THIS!

I never really know how to end these blogs...but then I went home and slept.

1 comment:

  1. nice ending to a busy day :)
    Also, I feel like I am commenting waaaay too much on your stuff, let me know if that's the case haha

    ReplyDelete